Sunday, July 20, 2008

California Ice Tea


During the summer I always made what I called Ice Tea/Lemonade. My kids loved it because it was a mixture of both. Of course, I was using the powdered ice tea and lemonade mix. That is before I discovered that making recipes from scratch isn't really that hard. Here is another Ina Garten recipe called California Ice Tea which is a mixture of ice tea and lemons that reminded me of what I use to make for the kids but much better and less expensive to make. Give it a try, I think you will find you will no longer be buying the powdered stuff after tasting this.

Ingredients:

  • 4 tea bags
  • 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (5 to 6 lemons)
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup superfine sugar, to taste
  • 3 lemon slices

Steep the 4 tea bags in 4 cups of boiling water for 10 minutes. Discard the tea bags and allow the tea to cool.

Combine the lemon juice, sugar and 4 cups of cold water in a large pitcher. Add the tea and lemon slices. Serve over ice.

Source: Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa, Television Food Network, Episoide #IG0902, www.foodnetwork.com 2006

No comments: