Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fresh Baked Cookies Anytime


Why buy cookies at the supermarket when you can have fresh hot homemade cookies anytime? Rather than share a recipe this week, I'd thought I would share a tip for having fresh baked homemade cookies anytime you want them. Some of you may already tried this, but for those who have not, trust me this tip is a keeper. I have tried it with chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies so far, but I am sure it will work well for any other of your favorite cookie recipes, you just have to experiment a little. Here's what you need to do....

  • Make batter for your favorite cookie.
  • Instead of baking them right away(unless you are like me and can't resist baking just a couple of cookies to eat right away), roll them into balls and place them on a cookie sheet or plate (whatever fits well in your freezer).
  • Freeze the rolled cookie dough (uncovered) for about 20-30 minutes.
  • Removed frozen cookie dough from the freezer and place in a single layer into a ziplock bag.
  • Place the ziplock bag back in the freezer, keeping all the rolled cookie dough flat.
  • Whenever you want a few cookies, take some out of the freezer, place on a cookie sheet and bake according to your cookie recipe.

Since coming across this method, I find myself mixing up cookie dough batter whenever I have some extra time so that I always have one or two types of cookies ready to use for last minute dessert or just if I want a couple of cookies. You may have already tried baking and freezing baked cookies, but if you follow above tip, you can have "fresh hot homemade cookies" for your family and friends anytime, not to mention your house will smell like you have been baking for hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

R U kidding me? How come you never told me this one before? MM