Friday, April 4, 2008

Hot Artichoke and Feta Dip


Are you looking for a quick and easy dip to make? Well, here it is! I actually came across this recipe about ten years ago and made it once. My family loved it, but I noticed that not everyone else at the party enjoyed it as much. I assumed it was because alot of people just don't like artichokes. Honestly, I can't say I was a big fan of artichokes either, but I did like the dip because it was different. Well, a few months ago, I was asked to bring an appetizer to a social in our community and ran across this recipe again while going thru my recipe book. I decided to try it again to see what kind of reaction I would get and guess what, it was a big hit. Since then I have made it several more times and it gets better everytime. Hope you give it a try and let me know what you think.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1 Package (8 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
  • 1 Cup Mayo
  • 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 Jar (2 oz) diced pimientos, drained
  • 1 Clove, garlic, minced

Mix above ingredients in a bowl.

Spoon blended ingredients into a 9 inch pie plate or 3 cup shallow baking dish.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Serve with your favorite box of crackers or tostitos.

To make ahead: Prepare as directed above, except do not bake. Instead cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, bake uncovered in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly brown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All dishes very look delicious. . I am interested in the food culture of your country. If there is time, please come in my site. From Japan
http://food-soybean.blogspot.com/