Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fresh Produce: My Weekly Farmers Market Trip

Produce from the Local Farmers Market in our area
Fruits and vegetables can be found at local Farmers Markets now that summer is fast approaching. Not only is everything fresh, but the price is right too. Luckily in our area we have a farmers market year round. Now that my husband and I are hooked, we have made it a ritual visiting the farmers market on Saturday's to get our fruit and veggies. Of course, we have to stop for breakfast on the way back home(food shopping makes me hungry). Since finding the local farmers market, we don't even buy produce in the supermarket anymore. The potatoes are unbelievable, along with the green beans, zucchini, red leaf lettuce, peaches, and vine ripe tomatoes. I could go on and on.The Local Farmers Market in our area Last week I made zucchini bread and muffins(I will put the recipe on the next blog). Tonight we are trying the corn on the cobb.....can't wait for dinner! The Local Farmers Market in our area
Look online for farmers markets in your area, I think you will find yourself going back weekly to get your produce there too
.
The Local Farmers Market in our area

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this. I always forget that there are great fresh markets that you can attend that offer great produce.

Best wishes.

Sincerely,

-Liane Schmidt.